Job Recruitment At United Nations Food Programme. Apply Now
We are delighted to announce to the general public and our esteem site subscribers that the portal for United Nations Food Programme job recruitment is officially open.
Interested persons that meet the requirements should carefully read through this post to know how to apply.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Assistant – Partnerships (SC5)
Requisition ID: 142748
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
- This job is found in Regional Bureaux (RBs), Country Offices (COs), Area/Field Offices (AOs/FOs). The job holders typically report to a Programme Policy Officer or the designate.
- At this level, job holders are responsible for the completion of a range of specialized and/or standardized processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices.
- Job holders can recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
- They work under minimum supervision, perform basic analyses and compile reports to support information consistency and smooth implementation of programs/projects.
- To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and program-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
Key Accountabilities (Not All-Inclusive)
- Review Cooperating Partner Distribution Reports (CPDR) and follow-up payments process of invoices.
- Tracking and recording of GFD in-kind daily distribution report to inform management of distribution report and challenges.
- Oversee Programme activities where partners implementing in-kind food assistance and Blanket Supplementary Feeding Programme (BSFP) & provide site guidance to CP’s staff.
- In line with the approved distribution plan, prepare Food Release Notes (FRNs) for dispatches and timely distributions.
- Continue updating beneficiary’s caseload through the integration of new arrivals and targeting method using a community-based approach.
- Liaise with cooperating partners on food dispatches and distributions.
- Undertake deep field missions to conduct oversight monitoring where WFP partners implement food Programmes and Prepare Back to Office reports.
- Manage COMET entry for GFD in-kind food assistance.
- Guide cooperating partners on WFP operational practices on cross-cutting issues.
- Track new arrivals to inform of contingency food
- Undertake other assigned tasks.
4Ps Core Organisational Capabilities
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how our own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
You Need To See This: CBN Covid-19 Loan for Microenterprises Reopened – Click here to Apply
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in the same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information regularly with the supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling the team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
- Description of the behavior expected for the proficiency level
Program Lifecycle & Food Assistance:
- Can facilitate implementation of food assistance programs under guidance using a basic understanding of principles and good practices of program design, implementation, and monitoring.
Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers):
- Demonstrates ability to facilitate, under guidance, food assistance program implementation that deploys a full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.
Knowledge of Specialized Areas:
- Understands basic technical concepts and data and their relevance to food assistance programs.
- Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation, and realignment of high-quality emergency programs.
Strategic Policy Engagement w/Govt:
- Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English. Understanding Hausa or any other local language is desirable.
- Experience: Minumum 3 years of related work experience.
Desired Experiences For Entry Into The Role:
- Has facilitated communication with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
- Has contributed to the implementation of programs.
- Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
- Has observed or assisted with training, field support, report writing, documentation of meetings.
Terms and Conditions
- Only Nigerian nationals (or residents with valid residence and work permits) are eligible to apply.
- Applications must be submitted online and in English only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Application Deadline 5th July 2021.
Job Title: National Programme Policy Officer (Partnership) NOB
Job ID: 142796
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Employment Type: Full-time
- This job is found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs), or Country Offices (COs), and job holders report to a more senior Programme Policy Officer.
- Job holders operate with a high degree of independence, manage more junior staff to ensure that program and policy objectives are achieved in full. They are usually involved in a wide variety of program and policy activities and analytical work, some of which may be of considerable complexity. At this level job holders are expected to contribute to performance improvement.
- To provide support to policy and program activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
Key Accountabilities (Not all-inclusive)
- Contribute towards the development of a wide variety of projects, plans, and processes, ensuring alignment with wider program policies and guidelines.
- Provide project management support to specific and defined programs and projects of considerable size/complexity, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programs that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
- Develop and coordinate data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Research and analyze a range of policy and operational issues to inform the development of policies, programs, and activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programs and activities that enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal and external counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing projects, and highlight potential risks to project delivery.
- Support the identification, development, and management of potential partnerships to collaborative working leading to improved food assistance packages.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners, and national government to prepare for and respond to food assistance needs, e.g. through providing inputs into training materials.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Other as required.
Other Specific Job Requirements
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.
Responsible to support/supervise partnership program assistants:
- Actively participate and coordinate Technical Review Committees (TRCs) and Cooperating Partners Committees (CPC);
- Internal & external coordination; capacity building of staff and partners;
- External communication & CP meetings;
- Technical support on TRCs & CPCs; working closely with Damaturu Head of Programme in different operational matters related to partnership
- Accountable for the FLA management for all CPs/Govt partners at the Sub Office level.
- Accountable for Invoicing and reconciliation of the monthly invoices raised by all Cooperating Partners at the Sub-Office.
Standard Minimum Qualification
- Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or another field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and stand traicourseusesss.
- Fluency (level C) in the English language is compulsory. Knowledge of Kanuri and Hausa is desirable
- Has deepened technical knowledge through exposure to technical teams.
- Has taken leadership of implementing programs.
- Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions.
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Terms and Conditions
- Only Nigerian nationals are eligible to apply for this position.
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in the English language only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
Application Deadline 6th July 2021.