Smart Cities Innovation Programme 2021 Supporting tech start-ups in Africa
SCIP is a 6-month accelerator from June to December 2021 supporting tech start-ups from Rwanda and other African countries in the fields of Fintech, Mobility, Cleantech & Housing.
The 30 selected start-ups will benefit from individual mentoring, training as well as intensive networking and matchmaking with international business partners and investors such as Volkswagen, Siemens, Viktoria Ventures, and the African Business Angels Network (ABAN). These partners will bring in highly specialised technical expertise, build the start-ups’ networks and participate, along other ecosystem players, to the demo-days in Kigali.
- Access a network of international partners
Start-ups will be supported by international corporate partners, investors and public institutions during the programme.
- Get support from dedicated mentors
Start-ups will be advised remotely by a sector-specific mentor and matched with an additional business development mentor.
- Pitch during demo-days in Kigali
Start-ups will be invited to pitch their solutions to corporates and investors in Rwanda in September.
- Learn from peers in your sector
Start-ups will exchange with their cohort peers in the mobility, housing or fintech sector.
- Receive training tailored to your needs
Start-ups will receive trainings based on their identified needs, not a predefined curriculum.
- Enter the Smart City ecosystem
Start-ups will gain visibility and support within the growing ecosystem of actors promoting Smart Cities.
SCIP aims at accelerating start-ups which have
- Operations in one or more African countries
- Solutions in Fintech, Mobility, Cleantech & Housing for Smart Cities
- Launched their product or service and have customers
- Growth and job creation potential
- Social and/or environmental impact
- A strong and motivated team
You can find the criteria definitions in the FAQ.
How to apply
To apply to the Smart Cities Innovation Programme, please fill in the application form below before the 9th of May. If your application is selected, you will be invited to provide further information about your business and participate in an interview.
For more information visit https://www.scipafrica.com/