Konga Nigeria – We are Nigeria’s largest online mall and have been in operation for over 7 years. Some of our major feats are winning Great Place to work awards two years in a row, winning an award for The Place Most Millennials would like to work and according to Forbes in 2015, 2nd Most Innovative Company in Africa. Our culture and values, in a nutshell, speak to placing our customers as a priority, working hard, being passionate about what we do (and having fun in the process!) and teamwork. Our Company is full of ordinary people with extraordinary minds who desire to do extraordinary things!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SEO Specialist
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Mid Officer Level
Reports to: Head of Marketing
- We are looking for a passionate SEO Specialist. The successful candidate will research and analyze Konga.com and its landing pages to improve their ranking on search engine.
- He or She find the most popular and relevant keywords used in search engine queries and insert them into websites, helping search engines find those sites and display them to web users.
- Optimizing copy and landing pages for search engine optimization
- Write original quality content for webpages – tailored for the target audience
- Ability to write HTML title tags and make technical recommendations to developers
- Constantly check search terms, research keyword trends, rankings and analytics to monitor performance and make recommendations for improvement
- Engage with other businesses (affiliates) over link-building opportunities, to bring in paid commission for driving customers to their websites
- Employ user experience (UX) and conversion rate optimization methods to turn visitors into more active users and to help improve website performance
- Drive targeted and loyal traffic to Konga.com by community building
- Use social media to distribute content and encourage more external sites to link to Konga.com’s content
- Develop and integrate content marketing strategies
- Monitor the algorithms set by the search engines to keep up to date with changes.
- Update existing content to include more keywords.
- Analyze site analytics to gauge which areas of the site have more traffic.
- BONUS: run pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns to increase revenue through sponsored online advertising
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Proven work experience as an SEO specialist or similar role
- Proven SEM experience managing PPC campaigns across Google, Yahoo and Bing.
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- In-depth experience with website analytics tools (e.g, Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Experience with bid management tools (e.g., Click Equations, Marin, Kenshoo, Search Ignite)
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO and SEM
- Educational degree in a quantitative, test-driven field
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
Application Closing Date
15th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the
subject matter captured as “SEO Specialist”.