NESG: The Nigerian Economic Summit Group NESG 2021 Bridge Fellowship Programme. Apply Now
Are you ayoung Nigerian? Are you between the ages of 22 to 35? Can you undergo rigorous research training for 15 months? Do you have at least a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years post-NYSC working experience and you wish to apply for the NESG: The Nigerian Economic Summit Group NESG 2021 Bridge Fellowship Programme? if yes, then worry no more because this post if for you.
We are pleased to inform the general public and our esteem readers that the portal for NESG: The Nigerian Economic Summit Group NESG 2021 Bridge Fellowship Programme is now open for new intake. Interested persons are advised to read this article carefully to understand what it takes to successfully apply do the programme.
The Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG), in conjunction with LEAP Africa, is pleased to announce a call for application for the NESG Bridge Fellowship. The NESG Bridge Fellowship is a merit-based fellowship jointly designed and administered by the NESG, a private sector Think-Tank and Policy Advocacy Group, and LEAP Africa, a youth-leadership development non-profit organization.
ABOUT THE BRIDGE FELLOWSHIP
Launched in 2019, the NESG Bridge Fellowship, an initiative of the Nigerian Economic Summit Group in collaboration with Leap Africa was established to equip a new cadre of young visionary leaders with leadership, research and policy advocacy skills, to champion policy reform in diverse policy areas. The NESG Bridge Fellowship is designed to inspire and equip a new generation of young visionary Nigerian leaders, with the requisite skills to carry out policy-oriented research and advocacy for national transformation. Selected participants will go through a rigorous and engaging capacity development process where they will contribute to knowledge and policy advocacy on a National level. The selected Bridge Fellows will also be matched to the NESG Policy Commissions to have hands-on experience in the area of Policy Advocacy, Research and Leadership.
The Bridge Fellowship Programme will admit 50 mid-level professionals between the ages of 22 to 35 who have demonstrated interest in research, public policy, community development, social work, business and/or social entrepreneurship. These professionals would be drawn from the academia, private, and public development sectors and across the six (6) geopolitical zones in Nigeria. They would go through a stringent selection process with two review levels where the review panelists will assess their applications, CVs and Essays written. The selected Bridge Fellows would be matched to the 13 Policy Commissions of the NESG to function in Policy, Research and Leadership.
NESG Bridge Fellowship is open to all young Nigerians who meet the following criteria:
- Are between the ages of 22 to 35 on or before the application deadline
- Are not employees or immediate family members of employees of the NESG and LEAP Africa
- Can undergo rigorous research training for 15 months and are committed to attending online training and available for mentoring throughout the Fellowship period
- Are currently employed or self-employed
- Have at least a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years post-NYSC working experience
- Participants would be required to Submit:
- An Application Form and a cover letter stating your motivation and why you should be selected for the fellowship
- A 500-word essay sharing your thoughts on a policy issue of your choice related to one of the 13 policy commissions of the NESG and why the issue is vital for discussions.
- A two-minute video briefly describing yourself and explaining the reason for your interest in the Policy Issue written about
- Any additional document of relevance, not more than three (3) pages, to support your application, e.g., an article with a policy focus or outcomes of a community project or social work.
Interested persons should Click Here To Apply
7th April, 2021
If you need us to help you with more updated information about NESG: The Nigerian Economic Summit Group NESG 2021 Bridge Fellowship Programme? feel free to ask any question in the comment box below. You can also provide us your phone number or email Address for more updates.
Please, kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and WhatsApp share buttons below to help others, thanks