Link To Apply For FC Chelsea Women Regional Talent Club (RTC) Trials 2021 Application.
Link To Apply For FC Chelsea Women Regional Talent Club (RTC) Trials 2021 Application. A Regional Talent Club (RTC) is an enhanced coaching centre for U10, U12, U14 and U16 age groups primarily, and allows players identified as having elite potential the opportunity to access elite levels of coaching and support.
U10 and U12 age groups participate in a local Charter Standard mixed youth league, whereas the U14 and U16 age groups play in an FA organised competitive fixture programme. The U16s also participate in the FA Girls’ Youth Cup and FA Girls’ Youth Plate which are both knockout competitions. Entry to The FA organised fixture programme and the cup competitions are exclusive to RTCs.
The Regional Talent Club programme is a three-tier system to provide greater support to the clubs working with our most talented players. It operates across a tiered concept as opposed to a ‘one size fits all’ model, in which the elements of funding and delivery are different across the three tiers that clubs have been awarded. The purpose of the tiers is to reflect where organisations are in terms of their individual growth and infrastructure. Chelsea is currently a Tier 1 club.
The RTC and WSLA are both essential parts of the FA Girls’ England Talent Pathway, to which Chelsea Football Club Women remain a huge part of. The RTC currently consists of four age groups, with teams at U10, U12, U14 and U16, with the WSLA competing in an U21 league. Moving into the 2021/22 season, we will be operating an U11, U12,U14 and U16 team, as well as our WSLA U18 team.
Like many academy programmes, we have split our RTC Programme into 2 phases. U10 – U12 are considered part of the Foundation Phase (FP), whilst U14 – U16 are part of the Youth Development Phase (YDP). Our WSLA Programme U18 – U21, are part of the Professional Development Phase (PDP). We outline below the key differences within each
Foundation Phase (U10 – U12)
- Specific Foundation Phase syllabus
- 2x weekly Training, at Chelsea FC Training Ground, Cobham
- Matches are played on Saturdays – Both U10’s and U12’s compete in local grassroots boys leagues.
- We also will host/travel to play fixtures against other RTCs.
Youth Development Phase (U14-U16)
- Specific Youth Development Phase syllabus
- 3x weekly Training, at Chelsea FC Training Ground, Cobham
- Matches are played on Saturdays – home and away. Home matches are played at Chelsea FC Training Ground, Cobham
- The teams play in the FA Girls’ Talent Pathway League, alongside fixtures against boys’ teams
- RTC National Youth Cup
Professional Development Phase (U18 – U21)
- Specific Professional Development Phase syllabus
- 4x weekly Training, at Chelsea FC Training Ground, Cobham
- Matches are played on Wednesday’s – home and away. Home matches are played at Chelsea FC Training Ground, Cobham
- Travel will be provided for away games
- The team play in the WSL Academy league, a nationwide league. They will also play games against Womens Championship and National league teams, as well as a few fixtures against local boys’ teams
- WSL Academy Cup
All players that are registered within our programme will receive the following;
- Elite level training programme
- Two pitch-based sessions per week – U11 & U12
- Three pitch-based sessions per work – U14 & U16
- Movement specific/physical sessions embedded (U14s & U16s)
- Competitive fixture programme
- One educational workshop per month (nutrition, menstrual cycle, sleep, education, safeguarding, psychology, lifestyle and more)
- Parent workshop (The journey home, How to create a non-excuse culture, Winning vs Development)
- Analysis – training and games are recorded and uploaded to Hudl for athletes to review performance
Our staffing structure consists of the below;
- Technical Coaches (UEFA A & B qualified) – Minimum Two per age group
- Medical Lead
- Football Fitness Coach
- Performance Psychology & Player Support
- Nutrition Expert
- Menstrual Cycle Expert
- Sleep Expert
- Safeguarding & Welfare Lead
- Individualised approach to development, within a team context.
- Individualised Movement/Prehab Programmes
- Individual Action Plans – performance reviews – all based upon objective data, and not opinion (Four reviews across the year)
Application to trial are now open
In order to apply you meet all of the below criteria:
- Your home postcode must be within 1 hour and 30 minutes travel time of our base postcode: KT11 3PT
- You must have an English parent or an English grandparent OR you must have been educated in England for at least 5 consecutive years
U11: Players born from 1 September 2010 – 31 August 2011
U12: Players born from 1 September 2009 – 31 August 2010
U14: Players born from 1 September 2007 – 31 August 2009
U16: Players born from 1 September 2005 – 31 August 2007
U18: Players born from 1 Sepetmber 2003 – 31 August 2005
Applications are reviewed by our Coaches and Technical Director. From there, a select amount of players will be invited to take part in our trial process.