Knowledge Management / Communications Officer (EU-ACT) At British Council of Nigeria.
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities.
We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Knowledge Management / Communications Officer (EU-ACT)
Location: Abuja, Sub Saharan Africa, NG
Department: Business Delivery
Contract Type: Locally Engaged
Pay Band: 6
Duration: Fixed term contract ending December 2022
- The post holder will be responsible for component level coordination and management of EU-ACT Agents for Citizen-driven Transformation Programme’s knowledge management and communication process.
- You will work closely with and support the Communications/Media Manager, M&E Lead, and component teams in planning, implementation and management of the Knowledge Management and communication process, ensuring effective translation of results into communication products in clear alignment with the programme’s mission, objectives, outputs and outcomes – to meet client, corporate and programme quality standards.
- Graduate level education
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with an FCR (Justice, Security and Conflict) project
- Demonstrable experience of working as part of a successful team / function
- Proven experience of scheduling and supporting meetings with internal stakeholders/ external partners
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience of operating in a complex, multi-cultural context
Naira 8,106,740 per annum
Application Closing Date
24th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Nigeria.
- A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
- For more information about British Council of Nigeria Job Recruitment kindly notify us on the comment section. you can also join our WhatsApp group for daily job updates.