Job Title: Cost Accountant
- We are looking to hire an experienced Cost Accountant with excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Develop and maintain the cost accounting system, documents and records of the organization
- Collect cost information and maintain an expenses database
- Construct data accumulation systems
- Determine fixed costs (e.g. salaries, rent and insurance)
- Plan and record variable costs (e.g. purchases of raw material and operations costs)
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
- Prepare budgeting reports (for the company and for each department)
- Analyze and report profit margins
- Prepare (monthly, quarterly and annual) cost forecasts
- Assisting in month-end and year-end closing
- Identify and recommend cost-effective solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business with an emphasis in Accounting, or a related field preferred
- 2-3 Years Proven work experience as a Cost Accountant, Cost Analyst, Accountant or similar role
- Sound understanding of Account principles.
- Experience with accounting software, like SAP
- Computer literacy, Microsoft Office Suite, MS Excel in particular (familiarity with VLOOKUPs and pivot tables)
- Computer literacy, MS Excel in particular (familiarity with VLOOKUPs and pivot tables)
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Excellent report-writing, verbal communication and IT skills
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information
Application Closing Date
7th January, 2021.
How to Apply
interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.