Job Recruitment At Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) 2021. Apply Now
The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) in collaboration with the International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD) and the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) is implementing a Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprises Project in the Niger Delta (LIFE-ND).
Check This Out: Latest Job Recruitment At Flour Mills Nigeria Plc. Apply Now
The National Project Coordinating Office of LIFE-ND hereby request an application from suitably qualified and competent personnel to fill the vacant position below:
Knowledge Management and Communication Coordinator (KMC)
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Reports to: National Project Coordinator
Contract Detail: 2 years Contract, renewable based on satisfactory performance acceptable to FGN and IFAD
The Federal Government of Nigeria has received a credit from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) with additional financing from the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) towards the coat of implementing an FGN/NODC/IFAD assisted Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprises Project in nine states of the Niger Delta (LIFE-ND) Region. IFAD financing will focus on six states of Abia, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo, and Ondo while NDDC financing will cover three States of Akwa-Ibom, no, and Rivers. The LIFE-ND is planned with a financing gap of six years in the first instance and additional six years to be financed in the future by other partners and or an additional WAD loan.
- The Knowledge Management and Communications Coordinator will have overall responsibility for coordinating, supporting amid facilitating Knowledge Management and Communication (KMC) activities related to project implementation at the national level.
- The Coordinator will work closely with the KMC Advisor at the Central Communications Unit to provide leadership, guidance, and capacity building in KMC.
- Manage the implementation of the KMC strategy of the project.
- Develop KMC activities for the annual work plait and budget (AWPI3).
- Prepare an annual KMC plan of actions for enhancing an institutional culture of learning and knowledge-sharing.
You Need To See: 2021 RCL FOODS Management Programme Internship SA. Apply Now
- Facilitate knowledge-sharing events and policy dialogues among project stakeholders.
- Ensure that innovative experiences, learning, and good practices are captured, synthesized, documented, and shared continuously within the project. within the relevant stakeholders and, with in-country partners. IFAD and other national and international partners.
- Play a leading role in knowledge capitalization sod develop evidence-based knowledge products and ensure wider dissemination.
- Develop and update project stakeholders’ contact lists and mailing lists for the dissemination of project knowledge products.
- Guides staff on information collection, processing, and information dissemination methods.
Play a leading role in external relations, building relations with media and communication personnel, liaison, and public relations.
- Establish information technology requirements for effective implementation of the KMC strategy using social media and internet tools.
- Plan and coordinate all communication and advocacy campaigns through mass media, newsletters, stakeholder meetings, and other communication channels as appropriate.
- Assist in developing integrated information systems to enable M&E of project activities.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the project’s KMC strategy.
- Contribute to the drafting of periodic project progress reports.
- Maintain updated cataloging of the project’s knowledge assets/online resource materials.
- Undertake other KMC tasks as required.
FMARD 2021 Program Coordinator Recruitment Qualification and Experience
- Higher-level University Degree or equivalent in a field related to Communications, Journalism, Development or a related discipline.
- Minimum of five years of experience in information, knowledge management, and/or development preferably in the agriculture and rural development sector. Experience in media relations, ICT, and extensions will be an advantage.
- Proven ability in documentation ad advocacy; demonstrated capacity to develop and oversee implementation of documentation of program results, presentations, communication, and reporting skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; experience of interacting with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- The high degree of motivation, initiative, independence, reliability, adaptability, and professional maturity; and places a premium on “getting things done”.
- Strong project management and coordination skills; able to handle multiple tasks and balance priorities with various stakeholders.
How to Apply FMARD) 2021 Program Coordinator Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expression of Interest (EOI) in 10 copies including one original and nine photocopies, properly sealed and marked at the top right-hand cover “Expression of Interest (EOI) for Position under FGN / NDDC / IFAD Assisted LIFE-ND Project.” Each envelope should include a CV and an Application Letter with Cover Letter suited for the position being applied for.
Don’t miss out on the 2021/2022 Nigeria Young Farmers Network Volunteer Program. Apply Now
The sealed envelope should be addressed mind delivered to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development,
C / O Director, Projects Coordinating Unit (PCU),
No.1, Eldoret Close, Off Aminu Kano Crescent,
Wuse II – Abuja