InterAcademy Partnership (IAP) Young Physician Leaders (YPL) Programme 2021 for Emerging Leaders.
Effective healthcare institutions need effective leaders.The InterAcademy Partnership (IAP) Young Physician Leaders (YPL) Programme trains emerging leaders (under the age of 40) working in healthcare centres around the world and links them together in a peer-support network.
The issue of developing leadership qualities among health professionals is often neglected, with many young professionals having to learn their leadership skills almost by trial and error as they are handed positions of responsibility.
You Need To See This:Amber Energy Drink Empowerment Programme 2021 for Nigerians. Apply Now
Although incorporating leadership training programmes into the medical curriculum is gaining in importance, in practice too few countries are actually providing such training (See, for example: Health Professionals for a new century: transforming education to strengthen health systems in an interdependent world)
To contribute to building capacity in this area, IAP launched its Young Physician Leaders (YPL) programme in 2011 in partnership with the World Health Summit (WHS) and the M8 Alliance of Academic Health Centres and Medical Universities.
Sessions have been held at each WHS since 2011. In addition, a regional event was organized at the Regional WHS in Singapore in 2013 and in Portugal in 2018. A 5th year event for alumni was organized in May 2016 at the World Health Assembly.
his year’s programme is articulated in three parts:
- A specific leadership development programme with a focus on analysing models of leadership with the aim of developing an individual action plan for personal leadership growth.
- A visit sponsored by the Bayer Science and Education Foundation to research laboratories in the Berlin area.
- InterAcademy Partnership (IAP) Young Physician Leaders (YPL) Programme Participation by the awardees in the events of the World Health Summit, a forum within which the YPL will be exposed to an outstanding scientific and policy programme attended by a global group of medical and policy professionals.
IAS is seeking to identify up to 20 outstanding Young Physician Leaders under the age of 40 who:
- Are pursuing careers in medical education, clinical leadership, public health, health policy and health services management;
- Show great promise for leadership in their chosen careers;
- Are enthusiastic, with outstanding communication skills and the ability, desire and personality to represent the medical profession well when interacting with the senior professionals from multiple sectors who will be at tending the World Health Summit.
- Are willing, after the Berlin experience to engage with the wider YPL network, e.g. in developing collaborative projects.
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the IAP Young Physician Leaders (YPL) Programme 2021