Graduate Business Development Intern at Tongston Entrepreneurship Holdings
Tongston is a pan-African group of companies connecting entrepreneurship and education through finance, media, consulting and training. Tongston, with special focus on secondary education, partners with educators, parents, students, profit and non-profit enterprises, social influencers, investors and government, whilst leveraging on media, learning and finance, to transform secondary schools into entrepreneurship institutes, secondary teachers to entrepreneurial educators and secondary students to entrepreneurial learners.
Tongston is structured as a holding company, Tongston Entrepreneurship Holdings, together the “Tongston Group” with 4 subsidiary entities: Tongston Entrepreneurship College (Tongston College) – A business secondary school: Tongston Entrepreneurial Teachers Hub (Tongston Institute) – An educator training centre; Tongston Entrepreneurship Ventures (Tongston Ventures) – A venture capital & private equity firm; Tongston Entrepreneurship Media (Tongston Media) – A multimedia production company.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Intern
Employment Type: Internship
Roles and Responsibilities
Research & Business Planning:
- Research and prospect for potential new local and international clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Engage potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your people network.
- Develop proposals that speaks to the partners’ clients’ needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Develop company’s CRM and ensure data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM.
- Promote the company’s products / services.
- Building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders and clients.
- Develop pitchbooks, promotional videos / material and other marketing literature.
- Engage ministries, departments, agencies and various private sector players to drive the visibility and endorsement of Tongston’s products and services.
- Handle memberships for Tongston Group to various relevant associations, groups and organizations.
- Conduct business, market research and user surveys.
- Keep records of sales, revenue, invoices.
- Regular report writing.
- Handling customer queries, documentation and management of stakeholder database.
- Contract Administration.
Marketing & Communications:
- Drive Tongston’s competitive positioning through public relations and marketing strategies
- Overseeing the development of marketing literature.
- Creating scripts for marketing and promotional videos and materials.
- Managing Tongston’s website, social media platform and blog.
- Interacting with customers, partners, stakeholders and dealing with inquiries.
- Sourcing and engaging key stakeholders (such as social media influencers).
Skills and Qualification
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
- Eager to expand the company with new sales, clients, and territories
- Able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets
- Experienced at preparing and presenting quarterly goals and forecasts for future projects
- Comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or related field
- 1-2 years of previous experience in sales, management, customer service, finance, administration, or related field, whether voluntary, part time, adhoc or full time
- Demonstrated and proven sales results
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Fluent communication in person, on the phone, and in email
- Abide by all non-compete / solicit agreements
N25,000 – N35,000 / Month
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter & CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as subject of the email.
Please NOTE that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.