Global Schools Advocates Program 2021/2022 for Teachers Worldwide. Apply Here.
We are pleased to announce to the general public and our subscribers that the portal for global schools advocates program is officially open for new intakes.
Interested persons should carefully read through the post to know how to apply online.
The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) has been operating since 2012 under the auspices of the UN Secretary-General. SDSN mobilizes global scientific and technological expertise to promote practical solutions for sustainable development, including the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Climate Agreement.
Global Schools is an initiative led by the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network in support of UNESCO’s Global Action Program on Education for Sustainable Development (GAP-ESD). Global Schools’ mission is to create a world where every primary and secondary school student is equipped with the knowledge, values, and skills necessary for effectively responding to the greatest challenges of this century and shaping a sustainable and prosperous world. Global Schools adopts two key approaches in its global strategy to implement Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) in schools and classrooms:
grassroots advocacy and outreach to schools, as well as research partnerships with universities to design localized curriculum
The last Advocate cohort comprising 177 teachers across 50 countries had the mandate to introduce and implement Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) in their school communities and organise an ESD workshop for teachers in their respective schools.
PROGRAM AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- Train teachers and educators on the basic competencies of Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) and equip them with the knowledge, skills, and tools to practically engage with these models in their communities.
- Provide support and guidance from the Global Schools team to teachers and schools in integrating Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) into various educational settings, including classrooms, lessons, curricula, and school activities.
- Create a global community of like-minded teachers and educators that can meet others from around the world who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of their students.
- Monitor and evaluate the challenges, opportunities, and impact of various strategies undertaken by Advocates, and use lessons learned to build effective models for future cohorts.
Program Selection Criteria
At the time of applying for this role the candidate should:
- Possess a good command of the English language to complete the training course and engage with the Global Schools Team.
- Commit to the vision of the program and comply with the standards and level of professionalism set by Global Schools.
- Be employed at a primary or secondary school as a Teacher. Teachers employed at Teacher training colleges, universities, or post-secondary institutions are not eligible.
- Be able to commit at least 5-10 hours per week for this role.
- Be self-driven, accountable, and responsible for meeting his/her goals.
- Be self-driven and able to communicate effectively with school leadership and other teachers.
- Access a free online training course on Education for Sustainable Development and its applications.
- Participate in optional, free monthly online workshops and conversations on Education for Sustainable Development with exceptional guest speakers, and receive invitations to webinars hosted by United Nations agencies.
- Receive a certificate after the successful completion of the program. Community of Practice
- Build professional and personal relationships with high-level stakeholders in civil society, business, government, and the United Nations.
- Work with a diverse and exceptional group of individuals and educators with a variety of cultural, religious, and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development.
- Join a community of like-minded teachers in schools working to implement activities and lessons on global issues within their classrooms.
- Join the Global Schools Educators forum to discuss activities and action plans with teachers in 70+ countries around the world.
You Need To See: NEDIS COVID-19 SPECIAL FUND For SMEs/FARMERS/TRADERS. Apply Now
Making an Impact
- Act as a leader in your community and a bridge between your school community and the United Nations SDSN. Help your school establish a long-term plan for implementing Education for Sustainable Development into lessons and activities, including topics related to climate change, social justice and inequality, sustainability, gender and society, and more.
- Ability to extend your mandate and serve as a mentor to future cohorts and teachers.
- Ability to be at the forefront of efforts taken by the United Nations, governmental, and civil
society in developing and leading a global movement for sustainable development.
Interested and qualified persons should click on the link below and apply.
Application Deadline. 14th July 2021
For More Information, visit Global Schools Advocates Program 2021/2022