DAAD Scholarship 2021/2022 Application Portal Open. APPLY NOW
DAAD scholarship 2021: This scholarship programme offers you the opportunity to continue your academic education in Germany with a postgraduate course of study.
This post will guide you with all the vital information regarding the scholarship such as, eligibility guidelines, required qualifications, deadlines and application process online.
The aim of the scholarships is to produce graduates of responsible character with the necessary knowledge and skills for professional and national leadership.
The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD (German: Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) is the largest German support organization in the field of international academic co-operation.
The scholarships offer foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Level /Field Of Study
The scholarship is available for undergraduate and postgraduate students who wish to study in Germany.
The scholarship can be taken in Germany.
This DAAD scholarship is open to All students who want to study in Germany. If you are an international student and you wish to study in UK.
- Scholarship payments of 750 euros a month
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- One-off study allowance
- Applicants who have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline cannot be considered.
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Contribution towards tuition fees that may be charged by the university (max. € 500.- per semester)
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family.
For a postgraduate or Master’s degree completed in Germany:
- between 10 and 24 months depending on the length of the chosen study programme
- The scholarships are awarded for the duration of the standard period of study for the chosen study programme (up to a maximum of 24 months). To receive further funding after the first year of study for 2-year courses, proof of academic achievements thus far should indicate that the study programme can be successfully completed within the standard period of study.
- Applicants who are already in Germany in the first academic year of a 2-year postgraduate or Master’s programme at the time of their application may apply for a scholarship for the second year of study. In this case, it is not possible to extend the scholarship.
For a study period in Germany as part of a postgraduate or Master’s degree completed in a foreign country:
- usually one academic year; an extension is not possible.
- Excellently-qualified graduates who have completed a first degree (Bachelor, Diplom or comparable academic degree) at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study programme.
- For applicants from artistic disciplines and the field of architecture, the DAAD offers subject-specific scholarship programmes.
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD Portal:
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
- Statement about academic and personal reasons for the planned study project in Germany (letter of motivation; 1 – 3 pages)
- Letter of admission to a study programme; this can be subsequently submitted before the scholarship-supported study programme begins if it is not available at the time of application.
The mode of application for this scholarship is online.
Deadline: Application for 2021 is not yet out
The scholarship usually begins on 1st October, or earlier if the student takes a language course prior to the study programme.
We believe this article was helpful, if yes, feel free to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.