Ashden Award 2021 for work in the UK (Prize of up to £20,000 )
The Ashden Awards boost outstanding climate solutions. For more than 20 years our awards have backed radical ideas delivering lower emissions and a fairer world, with grants and development support on offer to winners and finalists.
This year’s award categories include greener communities, energy access, green skills, natural climate solutions, sustainable cooling and more. Some categories focus on the UK, and others cover work in low- and middle-income countries. Businesses, public bodies and charities can all apply.
Ashden Award 2021 for work in the UK (Prize of up to £20,000 ) Eligibility Criteria
- The work submitted for an award must be currently available for customers, clients or beneficiaries.
- The applicant must show an innovative approach in their work
- The applicant’s work must have the potential to create significant impact. This might be achieved by their growth as an organisation, or the replication of their innovation around the world. Applicants must be willing to work with Ashden and others to achieve this goal. ‘Significant’ impact could be a large reduction in emissions, a mitigation action that addresses a serious threat to people’s wellbeing, or a transformation in people’s quality of life – particularly the most marginalised.
- The applicant must show good governance and management. We are looking for efficient use of funds and a strong plan to generate further income, whether from sales, grants or any other source. Organisations can be for–profit or not-for-profit.
- Winners must have sustainability embedded in their values and practices.
Benefits of Ashden Award 2021
- Winning an Ashden Award brings a prize of up to £20,000 as well as ongoing development support, from professional mentoring to pro-bono legal help.
- We put winners in front of funders, investors, policymakers, journalists and others who know the unique value of an Ashden Award and the strength of our rigorous assessment process.
- We’ll create a promotional film about your work and tell your story in mainstream and specialist media, and through our growing digital channels. We’ve helped previous winners gain coverage in The Telegraph, Al Jazeera, New Scientist and other leading international publications.
- As an award winner, your views, needs and insights will be at the heart of our influential reports, toolkits and events – which shape the views of key climate decision makers.
- All winners join the Ashden network – giving them the chance to connect with new partners through masterclasses, investor pitching events and introductions to influential policy makers.
Don’t Miss; Kwad Nigeria Limited Job Recruitment. APPLY NOW
- All applications must be completed and submitted via our online application portal here
- If you would like a preview of the application form, there is a copy of the form here.
Note that not all of questions you see in this copy will appear when you complete the actual form online, as some are shown or hidden based on your answers to earlier questions.The copy of the form is for reference only – the form must becompleted online for your application to be considered.
Deadline:3 March, 2021
If you want us to help you with Ashden Award 2021 for work in the UK (Prize of up to £20,000 ) kindly indicate at the comment section. you can also subscribe to our newsletter for more updates.