2021 Youth STEM Matters Volunteer Team
Do you want to gain new skills, meet new people and use your free time to do something that will make the world a better place? Apply to join the Youth STEM Matters Volunteer Team!
They have a variety of roles available and they’ll provide all of the training and support you need – all they ask is that you’re enthusiastic to learn and are passionate about their mission!
- Lead Artist: The Lead Artist will have direct responsibility for the success of the team of Artists at Youth STEM Matters. Artists create original artwork to accompany the articles that they publish, and have a key role in the communication of STEM and the UN Sustainable Development Goals – the Lead Artist will coordinate the Artists and work with other parts of the Volunteer Team to do this.
- Copy Editor: Copy Editors assess the clarity, conciseness, and citation compliance of papers, to evaluate the overall quality of communication in articles. They have an important role to play in making sure that articles that get published are free from spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors, and are accessible to their audience.
- Managing Editor (Physical Sciences): The Managing Editor (Physical Sciences) is an Executive role within Youth STEM Matters, and has direct responsibility for the success of the Physical Sciences department (physics, maths, engineering, technology, design, earth science, etc.) of the Research Team.
- Editor (Life Sciences & Physical Sciences): Editors are responsible for coordinating the peer-review and leading small groups of reviewers. They make final decisions on papers that are submitted to Youth STEM Matters, based on the comments given by reviewers. Therefore, synthesising potentially conflicting information to reach a rational judgement is a key part of this role.
- Reviewer (Life Sciences & Physical Sciences): Reviewers are responsible for critically evaluating and reviewing articles submitted. Reviewers are expected to research topics that may be unfamiliar to them, and comment on the quality, validity and structure of a paper, providing guidance to the author as to how to improve.
2021 Youth STEM Matters Volunteer Team Eligibility
- Open to young people between the ages of 14 and 22;
- Applicants can come from any part of the world.
In the application, you will be asked to provide some information about:
- The role you are interested in
- Your education/training
- The details of at least one person (up to 2 people) who can provide a reference.
You will also be asked to answer 3 questions, as follows:
- About You: Talk about your skills, knowledge and experience. They don’t just want to know what you’ve done. They want to know how you did it and how that shows to them that you can do this role. Answers should be a maximum of 2500 characters.
- Why Us?: Tell them what has motivated you to apply for this role at Youth STEM Matters. Answers should be a maximum of 1500 characters.
- Why You?: This is your chance to tell them what you can bring to the role – tell them about you as a person and how that will make you suited to the role you have applied for. Answers should be a maximum of 1500 characters.
Deadline: January 20, 2021
Please NOTE that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, for more updated and verified information about 2021 Youth STEM Matters Volunteer Team kindly drop your phone number on the comment section or you can subscribe to our newsletter by sending your email address. You can also join our WhatsApp group by clicking on the icon below.