2022 L’Oréal-UNESCO for Women in Science International Awards
We are pleased to inform the general public and our esteem site visitors that the application portal for L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science International Awards 2022 is officially open.
Interested persons should carefully read through the article to know how to apply.
Applications are open for the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science International Awards 2022. Created in 1998, the L’Oréal-UNESCO for Women in Science International Awards recognize and support eminent women in science throughout the world.
You Need To See This:Link To Apply For Export Expansion Facility Programme in Nigeria.
Each year, five Laureates are recognized for their contributions to the advancement of science, in Life and Environmental Sciences or Physical Sciences, Mathematics and Computer Science in alternating years. The 2022 edition of the Awards will designate five outstanding scientific researchers in select field of Life and Environmental Sciences, working in the following regions:
- Africa & the Arab States
- Asia and the Pacific
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- North America
- Each of the five Laureates will receive an Award of €100,000.
2022 L’Oréal-UNESCO for Women in Science International Awards Eligibility
The candidate must:
- Be recognized for her scientific excellence by the international scientific community.
- Be actively involved in scientific research.
- Work in any field of the Life and Environmental Sciences.
- There is no age constraint regarding the candidate.
The selection criteria of the candidates are the following:
- The candidate’s outstanding contribution to the general advancement of science.
- The impact of the candidate’s research on the current state of the relevant scientific field (number, quality and impact of publications, conference presentations, patents).
- The recognition of the candidate by peers within her discipline through publications.
- The recognition of the candidate’s commitments to education, teaching activities, mentoring and/or to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals more broadly.
Scientists around the world are invited to nominate candidates for the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science International Awards.
To be considered eligible for an Award, it is necessary to be nominated in writing by an eminent scientist. Self-nominations are not eligible, nor nominations from immediate family members. Teams are not eligible for nomination.
Qualified nominators may be:
- Heads of University or Scientific Institutions
- Members of Academies of Science
- Holders of Research Chairs
- Full professors
- Past For Women in Science Award Laureates, or at a minimum holders of a PhD in Science
An application is considered complete only if it includes all the following documents:
- A brief explanation of why the nominator considers the candidate eligible for the L’Oréal-UNESCO for Women in Science International Awards (200-400 words).
- A suggested quotation for the general public if the candidate is selected. This should be a concise statement (maximum of 40 words) describing the key technical or professional accomplishment for which the candidate deserves the Award. Note that the Jury will approve the final official Laureates’ statements.
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 to 3 pages). The nominator must include in the CV (or in the publications list) any reference to the candidate’s scientific social networks and/or websites (such as ResearchGate, ORCID, personal website).
- A list of all the publications of the nominee.
- A list of the most significant patents starting with the most recent one.
- A list of the 10 most significant publications in order of importance with: a brief summary explaining their significance and why they are so relevant according to the Nominator (less than 150 words by publication); the number of citations for each paper excluding auto-citations, and the impact factor of each journal, if relevant. Please, add a link to access all publications mentioned in the list. If for some of the publications the related links are not available, please upload them in pdf, if possible, or at least provide fully detailed article references including all the authors.
- Three to five letters of recommendation from eminent scientists outside the candidate’s home institution.