2021 Green Agribusiness Fund (GAF) for Young Nigerians. Apply Now
2021 Green Agribusiness Fund ;Are you a young Nigerian? Are you innovative? Do you have an interest in Agriculture? If yes then relax we have good news for you.
We are pleased to announce to you that the portal for the 2021 Green agribusiness fund is officially open. Interested persons should carefully read through this post to know all it takes to apply and be successful.
About Green Agribusiness Fund(GAF)
Green Agribusiness Fund is designed to invest in agribusiness initiatives/companies that are deemed socially responsible in their business dealings in various parts of Africa. These businesses must be owned by young Africans who are living in Africa.
The focus is to raise the next generation of agric entrepreneurs that will lead great initiatives in agriculture and position agriculture in Africa on the path of decent jobs creation, food security, and improved living standards.
This GAF initiative will promote agribusinesses focusing on priority aspects of agriculture such as post-harvest loss, climate-smart farming, urban farming, seed and soil improvement, precision farming, agtech, access to market, and agro commodity trading.
Green Agribusiness Fund (GAF) Africa 2020 Application Criteria
- Applicants must be citizens or residents of Nigeria or Rwanda.
- Applicant must live in Nigeria or Rwanda.
- Applicant’s business must be registered and operational in Nigeria or Rwanda for at least one year.
- Green Agribusiness Fund (GAF) Africa Applicants must be between the age of 20-35 at the time of application
- Applicants must be agricultural entrepreneurs and business initiatives must address the themes of the initiative.
- The application must address the reduction of young women’s unemployment within their communities.
- Applicants in a partnership should apply together with their partners as one company.
- Applicants in the partnership must provide a consent letter from partner(s).
- The business of applicants must be sustainable, financially viable, and must be their authentic idea.
- In a case where applicants have more than one business focus, only one of the business focuses should be presented
- Selected beneficiaries are not allowed to apply again in the future.
- Current employees or their families from JR Farms and affiliate/partner organizations are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be willing to share an equity stake for 4 years.
- Applications must be made in English or French
Green Agribusiness Fund (GAF) 2021 Selection Process
- Applications will be reviewed by an independent selection committee made of experts in various selection criteria.
- Applications will be judged based on sustainability, feasibility, financials, gender balance, scalability, and entrepreneurial skills, growth mindset, ability to collaborate and attract resources and vision while aligning with themes of the fund.
- 3 entrepreneurs will be selected in Rwanda and 3 in Nigeria in the pilot phase.
- Selected applicants must provide valid ID, business financial records (including bank statements and debt records), and documents that may be decided later,
- Applicants who are not selected can reapply in the next cohort
Green Agribusiness Fund (GAF) 2021 Process
- Application is free, no fee is charged for the application.
- Applications would be online only, but interviews could be organized with the 10 shortlisted candidates if needed.
- Application and all supporting documents must be submitted online.
- A confirmation email of the reception of the application will be sent to all applicants within 24 hours after applying.
Application Starts 1st July 2021
Deadline: 30 July 2021
For more information: Visit the website for GAF 2021 APPLICATION
Hope this information is useful?
If you need us to help you with more verified and updated information about GAF, feel free to ask questions in the comment section below.