Are you an undergraduate student in Nigeria looking for scholarship programme to apply, if that’s the case, then you are on the right track. The Federal Government is on it again in transforming the lives of Nigerian students with outstanding scholarship programme here in Nigeria.
We are pleased and delighted to inform you that the Federal Government through the Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu, invites interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2020/2021 Nomination Computer Based Test (CBT) for the Federal Government Scholarship Award going on Nationwide:
Nigeria Award Scholarship (NA) 2020/2021 Tenable In Nigeria Public Tertiary Instituions
The eligibility criteria for Nigerian award as follows:
- Applicant must be registered Full-Time students of Federal or State Universities.
- All other applicants (UG, HND & NCE) must be registered full-time students in their second year or above in Federal or State Universities, Polytechnics, Monotechnics and Colleges of Education.
- All undergraduate Scholarship applicants (Physically challenged inclusive) must have at least 4.0 Cumulative Grade Points Aggregate (CGPA) on a five (5) point scale or its equivalents or 5.0 on a 7 point scale.
- All NCE and HND applicants must have a CGPA of 3.5 and above on a scale of 4.0
Fields of Study
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc.; and
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and PhD) in all fields.
Criteria for Eligibility
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2019 & 2020) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2020) only. Age limit is from 17 to 20 years
General Note For all Applicants
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign Language course of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction;
- The required certificates for candidates applying for Bachelor in Imamate, Quran Teaching Professor and Iman Preacher Training for Islamic Religious studies in Algeria is WASSCE / WAEC and no other certificate is accepted;
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference; and must visit the website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu which will hopefully be opened between October and November, 2020
- Complete the application form online
- All applicants for Russia Postgraduate Scholarship must have acquired their 1st Degree in Russia;
- All Applicants to upload their certificates online;
- Undergraduate (UG): WAEC / WASSCE, Birth Certificate, Indigene letter.
- Postgraduate (PG): 1st Degree Certificate, Birth Certificate, WAEC / WASSCE, Indigene letter & NYSC discharge Certificate.
NB: Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of current International passport;
- Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals
- National Identity Number (NIN)
- Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
All qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website www.education.gov.ng and click on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page:
- Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online
- Print the Examination slip.
- Double Entries will be disqualified!
- During the application candidates are expected to indicate the following: Candidates are advised to choose Computer Based Test Centre (CBT) very close to them;
- Letter of Admission to the Institution
- Current Course Registration Form
- CGPA results of year 1, 2, 3, etc.
- Current School’s Identity Card
- State/ Local Government indigene certificate
Come with one set of completed online printed form at the venue of the interviews as scheduled below:
- North-West, Venue: Sokoto, Kano
- North-East, Venue: Yola-Adamawa, Gombe
- North-Central, Venue: Bwar-Abuja, Lokoja-Kogi
- South-West, Venue: Ibadan-Oyo, Akure-Ondo
- South-South, Venue: Asaba-Delta, Port Harcourt-Rivers
- South-East, Venue: Enugu, Owerri-Imo
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
24th January, 2021.
- The scholarship is tenable in Nigeria and take effect from the beginning of the academic session.
- It shall not be held at the same time with another Award nor for part-time studies.
- Change of course or Institution is not allowed while enjoying the award.